SFS Dekfast™, an innovative and proven solution, is designed, manufactured and tested to achieve compliance with FM 4470 (Factory Mutual). Dekfast Stainless Steel fasteners are manufactured from type 410 stainless, which is a magnetic heat-treatable product providing fair resistance to corrosion in mild to light industrial and marine environments.
Available in lengths up to 12". (call for pricing on lengths longer than 6")
Dekfast #12 fasteners are available loose for insulation and panel attachment to steel & wood. Stress plates (bearing plates) can also be purchased separately.
- Steel: thicknesses from 22ga (0.028") to 18ga (0.045") with a minimum penetration of 3/4"
- Wood: 2x (1-1/2" nominal) minimum penetration of 1"
- Plywood: minimum thickness of 3/4" FR treated with a minimum through penetration of 1/4"
- Head/Drive Type: #3 Phillips truss head
- Head Height: 0.118" max
- Head Diameter: 0.440" max
- Thread Major Dia: 0.235"
- Shank Dia: 0.180"
PULL-OUT (lbs ave):
- 24ga Steel: 325
- 22ga Steel: 470
- 20ga Steel: 635
- 18ga Steel: 815
- 3/4" Plywood (through penetration): 495
- Dekfast fasteners and plates are Factory Mutual approved for attachment of insulation board to roof deck. Refer to FM Approval Guide and Supplements for current FM insulation fastening patterns. #12 fasteners meet Factory Mutual corrosion-resistance Standard 4470.
- Tools: 2000-2500 rpm screw guns w/ hardened #3 Phillips Driver Bit
- Each carton contains one (1) #3 Phillips bit